Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rooting for Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up

Hi Beauty Junkies-

As you all know, for the past several months I have been on a quest to find awesome beauty products that are priced sensibly. One of the big ways I cut back on my beauty spending has been hair color. I used to spend over $100 (easily) at the salon every 6 weeks or so to keep my locks a shiny golden blonde (i.e. cover up my gray and "dirty dishwater" blonde hair.)

Now, I am back to the box. Not the wine box (that's not a bad idea either) but the Clairol box. Now, don't go freaking out on me! If I can color my own hair, you can! It's fast, easy and dirt-cheap. Most brands are about $7.99 at Target or Walgreen's or CVS.

I may write about some of my fave all-over color brands (Clairol, Garnier, L'Oreal) in future blogs but for now I want to tell you about Clairol's Nice 'n Easy Root Touch Up. Even if you still go to the salon for color, you'll LOVE this product to stretch out the weeks between visits which will also save you time and money.

Clairol's Root Touch-Up is not only cheap, its fast and easy. (Sounds like a few girls I knew in high school.) It only takes 10 minutes to touch up the roots at your part and the hairline around your face. There's enough product to cover a few other roots too if you're so inclined. Clairol provides a little blue application brush which makes it super easy and fast. I actually did this Saturday night right before I was going to jump in the shower to get ready for a wedding. The product rinsed out easily and the color turned out beautifully! There was no tell-tale line of demarcation where my darker roots had been. In fact, Clairol guarantees Root Touch-Up to match any brand including salon colors.

Even if I win the lottery, I'm not sure I'll go back to salon color. Clairol makes touch ups at home so easy and convenient. It's like having a 24 hour hair dresser at your house!

I hope you like Clairol's Root Touch Up. Let me know what you think!

Best,
HP Girl
Beauty Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment