Thursday, April 2, 2009

You Make Me Blush

Hello Beauty Junkies-

If you could live with only one beauty product, what would it be? I know this is a tough one....especially for us fair-skinned types. I mean, really. How does one choose between lipstick and mascara and blush? Those are my top three. I've written about my new favorite mascara in an earlier posting. I still am not ready to talk about lipstick ever since Sarah Palin gave it a bad name. So, today, I want to tell you about a fabulous new blush I found at CVS.

I'd been wanting to try one of L'Oreal's mineral products; so I decided on the blush since my stick of NARS is getting a little tired. I've also tried (and loved) the Bare Minerals brand that is sold at Sephora, and thought it would be great to find out if the drugstore brand could compete.

Guess what? L'Oreal's Bare Naturale is a winner! First, of all the color (I chose Pinched Pink) lasts a full day. I think it stays on better than a cream or other powders because of the application technique. But who cares why. I'm just glad it does. I hate looking in the mirror at noon looking like I just rose from the dead.

Speaking of application, the mineral blush comes in its own container with a really decent, puffy brush. I find it a little less messy than the Bare Minerals because the top is really big and can catch all the extra product you tap out of the brush before applying. If you are a neat freak, you can then clean out the top if you like. If you are truly cheap, you can save that product to use again. Either way you are going to happy with this product, so give it a try. You will be blushing all day long with no touch ups!

Best,
HP Girl
Beauty Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment