Thursday, January 22, 2009

Awesome Shampoo and Conditioner

Hello Again Fellow Beauty Junkies!

While flipping through a national beauty magazine earlier this week, I saw an ad from Organix for a line of shampoos and conditioners that are made without sulfates (I think I have the word correct.) Anyway, sulfates are added to provide more fluffy lather but it has been found that this chemical is a toxin. In addition, to not being good for you, it actually strips your hair of color. The product is also not tested on animals.

With all that being said, what really caught my attention was the yummy scents that Organix offers. So, I went to Walgreen's to check them out. First of all, I was pleasantly surprised to see the wide selection carried. Best of all, the shampoo and conditioner were $6.99 each. Certainly more than Suave but a heck of a lot less than my salon shampoo.

I chose the Pomegranate Green Tea Shampoo and the Shea Butter Conditioner. According to the shampoo bottle, the Pomegranate Green Tea will "Revitalize your senses with sensual and exotic antioxidant rich organic pomegranate extracts and green tea which target dry and brittle hair while awakening follicles to create a clean and rejuvenating experience, adding a brilliant and luminescent shine." Wow, that is a big promise!

The Shea Butter Conditioner promises to "Indulge your senses with this weightless creamy blend of shea butter and ultra whipped yogurt proteins to nourish and smooth your hair with avocado oils to crate somooth frizz-free shiny hairy." Holy cow!

I couldn't wait to find out if this was just marketing drivel or for real. Well, I'm here to tell you that I loved it! And so did my teenage daughter. First of all, the scents were amazing. Showering was like a mini-vacation to Hawaii. Ok...that is an exaggeration but the fruity and coconut smells were reminiscent of a trip to the islands. The fragrance lasted until the next day. Every time I swished my hair, I got a nice little lift. Best of all, my hair was smooth, shiny and manageable.

Bottom line: I highly recommend Organix Shampoo and Conditioner. Let me know if you try any of the other shampoos or conditioners in their line.

1 comment:

  1. I loooooove trying new shampoos - this is one area where I'm truly a "beauty junkie," too! The one I'm on right now - Dove's Something-Or-Other Grapefruit. (Not near my shower at the moment!) Comes in a yellow bottle. Love the smell! Will try the Organix next time! :-)

    ReplyDelete